Do you want to help your friends be safer on the road? Do you want to learn new skills and gain new experiences that will be helpful for job and school applications? Do you want to meet like-minded youth across Canada? Apply for Parachute’s Canadian Youth Road Safety Council now!
DEADLINE: January 26, 2022 . Iif you are unable to meet this deadline, please contact Umayangga at email@example.com
About the Canadian Youth Road Safety Council
The Canadian Youth Road Safety Council engages and integrates youth voices and expertise into Parachute’s youth-focused road safety programs. Youth input is essential and necessary to ensure the quality and value of Parachute’s road safety programs focused on youth, and, ultimately, improve the health of youth across Canada. The council is a commitment to ensure that programs are designed, implemented, and evaluated with and for youth.
As part of the council, youth are the expert and youth council members’ responsibilities include:
- Telling us of the important issues and trends that impact youth
- Helping us make sure that our road safety programs are relevant to you and your peers
- Helping us figure out gaps, barriers, and solutions in current road safety programs
- Advising us on youth recruitment and engagement strategies for road safety programs
- Helping us engage youth across Canada in road safety program activities
- Participating in advocacy activities as it relates to road safety and other youth issues
This is a voluntary role, but council members will receive a $500 honorarium per year.
Benefits to youth council members
Council members will strengthen Parachute’s road safety programs through their leadership and input, but they can also reap many benefits by being a part of the council, including:
- An honorarium of $500: $250 after completing the first six months of a term and another $250 upon completing the one-year term.
- A reference letter upon completing their one-year term
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills in an advisory capacity role
- Mentorship from Parachute staff and development of positive relationships with staff
- Exposure to and experience with public health, health promotion and injury prevention activities
- Enhanced professional and personal development through participation in council activities
- Contributing their skills and expertise to directly make Canada a safer place for youth
- Being part of a network of social support with like-minded peers who are similar in age
We need your help to make our youth road safety programs better than ever. Parachute seeks to establish a diverse and inclusive council with youth across all genders, ethnicities, regions, abilities, and identities. Eligible members must be:
- Canadian youth between the ages of 15 and 24 (at the time of application)
- Able to commit to a minimum of a one-year term (February 2022 to February 2023) with the possibility of extension
- Able to contribute three to five hours per month to council work, including attending monthly meetings via Zoom
To apply, please complete the application form below. All applicants will receive information on their application status by the end of January.
Canadian Youth Road Safety Council
"*" indicates required fields