Shine a Light on Preventable Injury
Thank you to all who participated in Parachute’s National Injury Prevention Day(NIPD) on July 5, 2018. NIPD was a huge success and we could not have done it without you! Please continue to share your photos of landmarks that lit “Parachute green” on social media using #ParachuteNIPD. Help us continue to work toward the goal of a Canada free of serious injuries. Don’t forget to mark July 5, 2019 on your calendar for our next National Injury Prevention Day!
Light Up Canada!
Municipalities across the nation pledged their support for National Injury Prevention Day (NIPD) by lighting major landmarks in our distinctive ‘Parachute green’ July 5, 2018 to honour the initiative. They included:
- Halifax City Hall, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Truro Library, Truro, Nova Scotia
- Fredericton City Hall, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Olympic Park Tower, Montreal, Quebec
- Queen’s Lantern at Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa, Ontario
- Peace Bridge, Fort Erie, Ontario
- Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Ontario
- CN Tower, Toronto, Ontario
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, Toronto, Ontario
- Toronto City Hall, Toronto, Ontario
- 3D Toronto Sign, Toronto, Ontario
- 3D Hamilton Sign, Hamilton, Ontario
- Fountain at the Forks, London, Ontario
- JA Taylor Building, London, Ontario
- London City Hall, London, Ontario
- London Convention Centre, London, Ontario
- London Life Building, London, Ontario
- Caesars Windsor, Windsor, Ontario
- Calgary Tower, Calgary, Alberta
- High Level Bridge, Edmonton, Alberta
- Fitzsimmons Creek Bridge, Whistler, British Columbia
- BC Place Stadium, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Canada Place Sails of Light, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Science World at Telus World of Science, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Vancouver Olympic Cauldron, Vancouver, British Columbia
Do you have a photo of a landmark?
Please send and share your photos with us of landmarks that “lit green” in Canada for injury prevention awareness!