Shine a Light on Preventable Injury
Help support Canada’s 2nd annual National Injury Prevention Day. Share your photos of ladmarks lit “Parachute green” July 5, 2018 and join the conversation on social media using #ParachuteNIPD. Help us work toward the goal of a Canada free of serious injuries.
Preventable injury, which includes on the road, at home, and at play, accounts for 16,000 deaths every year in Canada.
Light Up Canada!
Municipalities across the nation are pledging support for National Injury Prevention Day (NIPD) by lighting major landmarks in our distinctive ‘Parachute green’ July 5, 2018 to honour the initiative. They include:
- Halifax City Hall, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Truro Library, Truro, Nova Scotia
- Queen’s Lantern at Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa, Ontario
- Peace Bridge, Fort Erie, Ontario
- Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, Toronto, Ontario
- Toronto City Hall, Toronto, Ontario
- 3D Hamilton Sign, Hamilton, Ontario
- Fountain at the Forks, London, Ontario
- JA Taylor Building, London, Ontario
- London City Hall, London, Ontario
- London Convention Centre, London, Ontario
- London Life Building, London, Ontario
- High Level Bridge, Edmonton, Alberta
- Fitzsimmons Creek Bridge, Whistler, British Columbia
- BC Place Stadium, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Canada Place Sails of Light, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Science World at Telus World of Science, Vancouver, British Columbia
Not on the list? Join in!
Do you have a location you can “light up green” in Canada for injury prevention awareness? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for our information package.
Help Spread the Word Through Social Media
Use our NIPD Social Media Guide to promote this major event, and help shine a light on preventable injury.