Concussion Protocol Resources for Schools
These resources will support educators to develop and implement evidence-based, best-practice concussion protocols based on the Canadian Guideline on Concussion in Sport. These resources are free to download and use.
Be sure to check the requirements in your school board/district and your province or territory.
Develop your concussion protocol:
Implement your concussion protocol:
- Concussion Recognition Tool 5 (CRT5)
- Sample Tool to Identify a Suspected Concussion
- Medical Assessment Letter
- Medical Clearance Letter
- Sample Staff Team Email
Provide Training for School Staff
To successfully implement your concussion protocol, it's important to ensure all school staff and volunteers know the procedures, their roles, and the tools available to help them.
- Presentation Deck (pptx) (coming soon!)
- Presenter Notes (coming soon!)
- Staff Training FAQs (coming soon!)
You have an important role to play to spread awareness in your school community! The resources below are a great place to start.
- Sample Concussion Awareness Checklist (docx)
- Concussion Guide for Teachers
- Concussion Gudie for Coaches
- Concussion Guide for Parents and Caregivers
- Concussion Guide for Athletes
- Return-to-School Strategy
- Parachute's Brain Waves Program
Looking for more? Check out these free resources from our partners: