Check water temperature
How to check your hot water temperature at home
- Use a thermometer that can show high temperatures, like a meat or candy thermometer.
- Turn on the hot water tap in your bathroom. Let it run for two minutes. If you have used a lot of hot water in the past hour, wait two hours before you do this test.
- Fill a cup with the hot water. Put the thermometer in the cup.
- Look at the temperature. If it is higher than 49oCelsius (120o Fahrenheit), you need to lower your water temperature.
- If you have found that your hot water is too hot, here is what to do to lower your hot water temperature. See Lowering hot water temperature