Did you know that Carbon Monoxide (CO) is one of the leading causes of accidental poisonings in Ontario? CO is colourless, odourless and can cause immediate harm if un-noticed. Parachute has a number of resources to help you learn more about this ‘Silent Killer’ and protect yourself and your family.
Home Safety and CO
- CO safety from Parachute
- Ontario Fire Chiefs on carbon monoxide
- City of Calgary – Home Safety - CO
- FortisBC Carbon Monoxide Home Safety Info
- Health Canada's CO Safety Info
Long Term Care Facilities and CO
Use these resources from the National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Heath (NCCEH) to learn about Carbon Monoxide safety in long term care facilities:
- NCCEH – Carbon Monoxide in Long Term Care Facilities
- Carbon Monoxide Fact Sheet
- Indoor Air Quality fact sheet
CO Safety Education Toolkit
Explore the Carbon Monoxide Safety Toolkit from TSSA to learn more about Carbon Monoxide Safety within the home.