A NATIONAL, CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO PREVENTING INJURIES AND SAVING LIVES.
Dr. M. Vassilyadi
Phone Number: 613- 738-3985
The Ottawa Chapter was formed in 2005 and has been active on an ongoing basis since formation.
The Ottawa Chapter does the following:
- Promotes the ThinkFirst for Kids curriculums in schools
- Provides school presentations at the classroom/auditorium level
- Organizes Brain Awareness Week with the University of Ottawa medical students
- Provides education and reference materials to sport coaches/trainers/parents/players
- Organizes helmet fitting clinics
- Disseminates head injury prevention information at community events including CDs and DVDs
- Distributes helmets/helmet vouchers to children in low-income families
- Performs research in: Education, helmets, concussion
- Responds to and supports media requests to promote head injury awareness, prevention and treatment
The public can contact Parachute or Tassy Lyras, the Ottawa Chapter Coordinator.