Parachute - Preventing Injuries. Saving Lives.
Carbon Monoxide Safety

Carbon Monoxide Safety






Carbon monoxide (CO), often dubbed the “Silent Killer”, is an odourless, colourless gas that can be poisonous even in small amounts.

Symptoms of CO poisoning are similar to that of a flu, just without the fever. Exposure to CO can cause:

Children, the elderly, pregnant women and pets can be especially vulnerable.

According to TSSA, more than 65 per cent of injuries and deaths related to carbon monoxide poisoning occur within the home. Ontario homes have, on average, four to six fuel-burning appliances that are potential sources of carbon monoxide. These include:

Poor installation or maintenance of these appliances, the use of appliances not designed for indoor use, damaged or blocked venting, or inadequate airflow can cause dangerous levels of CO to build up inside your home, garage, cottage – virtually any enclosed space under certain conditions. The good news is that injuries and deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning can be averted with some simple precautionary measures.


Carbon Monoxide Toolkit

Did you know there’s a Silent Killer in your home? Take a walk through this house and experience “The Silent Killer” in VR video!


Geared towards Parents,  Public Health Educators and Injury prevention practitioners, the Carbon Monoxide Safety Toolkit below contains useful information Carbon Monoxide safety around the home. Download these resources today, and learn how to keep your home free from Carbon Monoxide! 

INFOGRAPHICS: Use these resources to easily locate the common sources of CO in your home and learn where to place CO Alarms:


TESTIMONIALS: Tragedies happen when least expected. We thank Paul and John for sharing their experiences and helping educate about CO Safety..



House Diagram


Inspection Tip Sheet


Campground Safety Brochure


Furnace Sticker








Safety Reminder Stickers


Child Activty Sheet