Communications Specialist – One Year Contract
Parachute is seeking a Communications Specialist to join our Communications & Marketing team in a one-year contract role. Reporting to the Director, Communications & Marketing, this individual will work on education and public relations initiatives related to Parachute’s injury prevention programs and public awareness campaigns, be fluent in English communications, and be the lead communicator in French language to create and edit content for the website and social media, as well as resources for injury prevention educators and specialists. The individual will be experienced in translating research knowledge into content and resources suitable for the public, community partners, and the media. The individual will be comfortable with being a spokesperson and presenter in French, whether at events or with the media.
Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention. Our mission is to create a safer Canada by preventing serious and fatal injuries through evidence-based solutions that advocate and educate. Our vision: A Canada free of serious injuries, with Canadians living long lives to the fullest. For more information, visit www.parachutecanada.org
- Researches, writes, and edits a wide variety of internal and external communications materials in English and French, evidence-based and correctly referenced.
- Provide ongoing communication related to programs and awareness / education campaigns via newsletter, web updates, social media posts, articles, presentations, and other published material.
- Act as media spokesperson in French language and provide social media monitoring and posting, as well as website updates, in French.
- Working with the Director, Communications & Marketing, set out campaign plans to engage French media in Canada, facilitating media coverage.
- Composes and edits organizational literature and articles in both languages for internal and external use following best practices of knowledge translation.
- Manage projects including developing work plans, monitoring deliverables, and creating reports, scheduling, planning, organization, co-ordinating logistics, research and evaluation.
- Identify process improvements to ensure a consistent and effective service is provided.
- Understand the unique needs of each program and follow through to ensure they are met.
- Represent, participate and/or present at external events such as conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Contribute to fund development by providing research and information on program options. and contribute to reports and status updates to funders.
- Serve as a facilitator to organize participation of groups of stakeholders, managing the communications between and among these groups.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- University degree in communications, public relations, media or related fields
- Fluency in French, written and spoken, is essential
- Three-to-five years of related experience
- Experience in health communications is desirable
Posting Date: January 31, 2019
Closing Date: February 14, 2019
How to apply: Apply directly online with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.